Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Come What May



I can't believe it's been over a month since I've last written.  I have unfortunately been dealing with some health issues and haven't felt up to doing much. I just wanted to let anyone who reads this know I haven't forgotten about my blog nor do I plan to stop writing. I hope everyone is having an amazing start to fall!




 For those that  might be curious about what's going on:  **Warning: this may be TMI and a bit graphic**


The last four months I haven't had a period. I've had a day of spotting a day of light and another day of spotting. I became concerned because I have also been in quite a bit of pain as well. At three months I went to the doctor and had a pap and blood tests ordered. She tested my thyroid, blood sugars, liver, kidneys, pregnancy, full blood panel, iron, and a couple of others I can't remember. Everything came back great, which is great news. The next step to finding out what's wrong is getting an ultrasound.

While I've been waiting for the ultrasound the pain has been getting worse. It sorts of feels like someone has my ovaries in a vice grip and is trying to rip them out of me all the while scraping my insides the whole way out. Yeah...that pretty much sums it up. The good thing is this has only happened two or three times and only lasts about 3ish hours (thankfully I have been at home during these times). The constant pain I'm feeling just feelings like I am being punched and kicked repeatedly in the pelvis. Luckily I have been able to suck it up enough to still go out and go to social events.

Since we have no idea what's going on with me the doctor said she didn't feel comfortable telling me to take anything or prescribing anything. A good friend of mine mentioned that flax seed might help with pain management.  I have taken a few T3s since the pain has gotten worse and although it doesn't take it away completely I am able to walk around.


I should be getting this sorted out soon and back to feeling better but in the mean time I have some great books to read.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I hope you get to feeling better soon! Good luck with the ultrasound. Positive thoughts headed your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Chelsea, this sounds awful!!! I do hope you get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete