Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Don't wanna be the jack-O -lantern scaring away every candy loving kid that's trick-or-treating today

Today was FHE (family home evening). We had an amazing lesson that Paul did on The Family: A Proclamation to the World ( Read it here). It was wonderful to be able to discuss ideas and thoughts with people of similar values.

For our activity we decided to carve pumpkins. I really enjoy carving pumpkin but I also get a little stressed out, I know this will put me in the cray cray train but I feel like it's a lot of pressure. I mean it's your HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN that is kind of a big deal. You don't even get it (they don't get it *that's for Ash*) EVERYONE who comes to your house friends and strangers are going to look at and mentally judge. So yeah it's kind of a big deal.

Before everyone came over I started looking at pictures of pumpkins to get an idea of what I wanted to do. I searched and searched and finally saw one I really liked. "I am totes going to do this one" and it was all figured out, well then I got to thinking that it looked awfully familiar so I started looking through old pumpkin carving pictures, sure enough I had already done it. (It was the one that I did with You *Andrea* and Chris) I guess my tastes haven't changed much.

I kept searching and found choice number 2 but it unfortunately didn't have a pattern you could print off. I decided that I would try to free-hand it and it actually didn't turn out too bad. It wasn't even or perfect by any means but I felt pretty good that I did it. Remy did all the gutting for me and then let me go at. They all turned out great!



While we were craving our pumpkin we snacked on the cake I made for mine and Tanya's birthday. It was my very first two layer cake. Pretty exciting stuff that. (No pictures, it was kind of ugly) We had a great night and are so thankful for good friends that we get to hang out with.

UPDATE: Today was laundry/cleaning day and I tried out the laundry detergent for the first time and it was resounding success! I love it!

P.S. When I was trying to figure out which song to use for this blog post I ran across this gem. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment