Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Walking on Sunshine

Tonight began the "Chelsea's birthday weekend EXTRAVAGANZA." We were going to start the night with a nice dinner. I started to get ready to go when I began to realize that tonight was going to be one of those nights that I didn't like how anything looked on. Don't you just hate those nights? I went through practically my whole wardrobe looking for something that looked good and made me feel good. *Don't worry it didn't take too long, I don't have that many clothes* In times like this I usually try to focus on one thing, so my hair it was. I was going to make my hair look nice and let the rest follow.

I wanted to do something with it I don't usually do. I remembered that I read on a blog a while back about making your own headbands. I thought I would give it a try tonight and let me tell you, You've got to try this. You will always have a headband to match your outfit and it takes less than ten minutes. This would be great for yourself, a daughter, a granddaughter, a niece you get the idea...anyone with hair. Oh crap now I've gone and spoiled Remy's birthday present.  

First you'll need:
An Iron
Ribbon
Elastic
Hot glue gun or needle and thread

1. Iron your ribbon. 2. Cut the ribbon so that when it's on your head you have a little behind your ear on each side. 3. glue gun one side of the ribbon and elastic 4. put on head and measure how much elastic you'll need 5. cut and glue the other side



I was so happy with the way it turned out. After I made this one I was like...I am going to make A MILLION of these. In this picture I am in my jammer jams because I actually didn't end up wearing my headband out to dinner.

The original plan was to go out to dinner then go to the mall to window shop and walk around. Well we got in the game a little later than planned so we had to go shopping first and then dinner (the mall closed sooner than the restaurant). When we got to the mall this was my idea of how the mall portion of our night would go: a leisurely stroll around the mall while window shopping and talking. Remy's idea was a bit different: walking quickly around the mall to a destination.(Typical man) So we were holding hands and race walking around the mall. (You know those mall walkers, well picture that except holding hands and without the jump suits). Half way through the mall I said "Honey slow down I can't even tell what I'm looking at." I then explained what I had in mind and the rest of trip around the mall went a little slower and less blurry. Who knew you still had to communicate after three years of marriage.

After our power walk we went into the photo booth. This was the first time I have ever done one of these and it was fun. We then went to dinner and had a really nice meal at 9:30 pm. The manager, and two waitresses sang happy birthday to me which was really nice. What a great way to kick off the birthday EXTRAVAGANZA! I hope you all are having a great weekend. Send me a picture if you make one these headbands.

No comments:

Post a Comment