Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sick as a dog, what's your story

Tried It Tuesday

Remy and I have been really sick lately. We are never sick at the same time...like ever, actually Remy is never ever sick. It's almost like he walks around with this impenetrable immune shield. I've asked to borrow it, he won't share but lucky for me he takes really good care of me when I'm sick.

The thing about my calling is I'm around three year olds every week for two whole hours. As moms know, a lot can happen in two hours and sometimes you are so busy running around making sure that the kids don't blow themselves up that you forget how gross kids are.  Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do for the sake of keeping everyone happy and sometimes that means you get coughed, sneezed, or spit upon in the process. So we'll just say I've been sick a few times that coincidentally have happened right after a child in my class has been and that my immune system just kind of sucks.

Knowing that cold and flu season hits me hard I planned ahead this year. I found this great idea on the internet about freezing soup in muffins tins. The first thing we did was made some homemade chicken noodle soup.


After the soup was made I spooned it into each muffin cup?

 Then I cleaned out some of the stuff in the freezer that would be okay out for a couple of hours or at least in the frigerator (see what I did there Rem)

 I left it in there for a few hours and here what they look like:

 So I ran some warm water on the back and popped them out.  After I got them out I put them in a freezer bag and stuck them back in the freezer.
They have been such a life saver.  We usually do about 4 "pucks" per person and either heat it up in the microwave or a pot on the stove. Bam we have homemade soup for those night when only soup will do (and I am way too sick to make dinner).

1 comment:

  1. very awesome idea. i've frozen soup but never thought about portion size. kootos/// jopw do you spell that..(scratching head)

    ReplyDelete