Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

And the knife ran away with the spoon

We were so poor Wednesday

After Gary found out about our living situation he couldn't believe it and offered us a room at his place. Our room would be bigger, our living quarters smaller, but the rent was considerably less a.k.a the right price. We moved in right away and found that we were um...lacking a few things. Remy and I had always had roommates who came with all the normal "living on your own" items. One of the items was silverware. Between the two of us we had  one knife, two forks, and two spoons. We had to do dishes after every meal but it's not like we had to share a fork during our meal or anything, I mean a knife yes but not a fork. To be honest we didn't think much of it.

When I went back to Michigan for a visit I told my grandma about it and laughed. My grandma could not believe it. She was going to send me back with a whole silverware set for 8 but changed her mind. She didn't want me to have to carry around all that silverware in my luggage. Instead she sent me back with some money for silverware even though I promised I would buy some silverware when I got home. She insisted. When I got home we went and bought some silverware

and then set up our silverware drawer.

I miss my grandma an awful lot. We have since gotten more silverware but I still think of her when I grab one of these forks.

No comments:

Post a Comment