Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Remy's muses - At last, some productivity!

Being unproductive sucks, and there truly is such a thing as too much free time.



These are two lessons that have been drilled into the tender mush that has been serving as my brain lately. I’ve been off school and out of work for some time now. I’ve had more free time than I know what to do with … and I actually hate it.


“Well then quit your whiny belly-aching and be productive!”


Yes, that’s a great idea! Why on earth didn’t I think of that? The truth is an old cliché. The less you do, the less you feel like doing. I’m a writer (kind of)I’ve had all this time to write, to work on my web site, to expand my knowledge of all sorts of fun things. And yet I’m having an increasingly difficult time doing any of that.


Last night before I went to bed, I told myself: “Self? Tomorrow you’re going to spend as long as it takes being productive. You’re going to have a “real” breakfast, you’re going to sit down and you’re going to slog through all the interview transcription highlighting you could have done ages ago!”


I’m pleased to say that I did! And as boring as highlighting points of interest over twenty pages of rambling interviews is, it felt bloody wonderful! I pray it can continue. I’d love to be able to put in some serious time on my fiction writing. Whatever happens, I DO NOT want to remain a sloth. Have you ever seen one of those buggers? They’re all sorts of nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment