Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lately I have been obsessed with reading other people's blogs. It started a few weeks ago and has progressively gotten worse! I feel so inspired by the crafts, recipes, diy projects, and fashion advice. One blog I was reading mentioned that at the end of every year she sends her blog to a book publishing site and then has a journal/scrapbook of their year. When I read that I thought "THAT IS THE BEST IDEA EVER!" So I think that's what I am going to do. I thought I would add some family favourite recipes for future generations.

Chelsea's Gluten Free Lasagna

Ingredients:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1-2 lbs of lean hamburger

32 oz spaghetti sauce

1 package Kraft 4 cheese Italiano (Light if you are watching your figure)

1 lb cottage cheese

1 med onion

Garlic powder

2 eggs

1 box gluten free lasagna noodles

Spinach (optional)

Preheat Oven to 350. Cook hamburger, add onion and garlic powder (1tsp and/or season to taste). While hamburger is cooking start cooking your noodles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In a separate bowl mix cottage cheese, 3 cups of the 4 cheese Italiano, eggs, and spinach if you are using any.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


In a 13x9 pan put a very light coating of sauce so the noodles won't stick to the bottom.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Add noodles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Layer the noodle, meat , and cheese mixture until you are down to three noodles. These noodles will be your top. Add sauce and cheese (from what's left of the 4 cheese Italiano).

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Bake for 40-50 minutes. I usually make this the night before and just cover and stick it in the fridge, then tomorrow I will bake it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


It's in the BAG

"Men carry lightweight, plain black or brown wallets that are designed to hold the bare essentials: a driver's license, a few credit cards, and some paper money. Some men do with less than that taking a few plastic cards and some currency and holding them together with a rubber band or a money clip and shoving it down into their pocket. )

You can't bet on what the contents of a woman's purse is going to be, but you can be pretty certain that inside of her bag you will find whatever she is going to need that day, plus extras to cover the needs of others as well.To a woman, a purse is a trusted friend. Depending on the day and the occasion, it is a fashion accessory as well. You can tell how expanded a woman's view of the world is by the size of her bag. It's apparent that many women are prepared for most every emergency from what they place in their bag. Those items begin with a woman's version of a wallet. Usually that is greatly expanded from the male version of a wallet, with more credit cards; discount cards, coupons, cash, and other items. Beyond an oversized wallet, you'll find keys, loose change, make-up essentials, hair brush, sometimes a toothbrush, gum or breath mints, more keys, tissues, hand sanitizer, hand cream, sunglasses, and much more.

The wallet/purse dynamic illustrates that men are more singular in their purpose, women far more universal. A man prepares with a wallet to cover limited specific needs he anticipates during the day. A woman, on the other hand, is prepared for a wide variety of potential needs. Not just needs of her own, but those of others as well." John Gray Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to Understanding the Opposite Sex.

So...Show my what's in your bag. Take a picture of what you keep in your purse and send them to me at c_chartier@live.com. When I get 5 pictures I'll post what awesome things some of us are packing around. I'll start...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I usually have snacks, my ipod, and my cellphone in there too. What is your favorite thing you keep in your purse? What do you get the most use out of?

1 comment:

  1. I just sent you my photo; it's pretty neat seeing what other people carry!! My mom's is like "THE BAG" I should've taken a picture of hers! Haha.

    Thanks for sharing your recipe; it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete