Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

All You Need Is Love




Remy and I have been married for almost three years now. I love being a wife but more specifically I love being Remy's wife. I have always wanted to be married. When I was younger I made a list of things that I wanted in a spouse and I had thoughts of how our life would be together. I had no way of knowing how wonderful it really is. Lately I have run across a few articles on marriage and it has made me think of my own and I thought I would share some of the things I love.

Things I love about our relationship:

We talk. Remy and I talk about everything and anything. Our thoughts, ideas, hopes, fears, things we are curious about, our annoyances, etc. We have such an open line of communication and I can't imagine having it any other way. I think this is one of the many reasons for our happy marriage so far. We talk about anything from our thoughts on the universe to what bathroom troubles we may be having.

We laugh. We have inside jokes and laughter in our home. We love to laugh and have fun together. We can make each other laugh with one word or a nudge. Early in our marriage I was in Michigan and Remy was here on the island. We spoke on the phone nightly, one night we got into a bit of a fight. The next day I called him and said one word and we both burst out laughing. Our fights usually end with one of us making each other laugh.

We have fun! We really enjoy doing fun things together, and not so fun things we usually make fun.

We spend time together. One of my favourite things that we do is just snuggle and tell each other about our day or even to talk about where we have just been or who we've seen, what was said. We have a date night once a week. Even when we are in our separate world of hobbies we like to just be around each other.

We have the same goals. We have the same goals and plans for our life. We want a simple home with a family and a simple life. We want to be good people and live the best we can.

Things I love about Remy:

One of the first things that comes to mind after almost 3 years of marriage is Remy's unselfishness. That is something that I truly love and appreciate about him. I can ask Remy to get me something or help me with something and he will without complaint. He will hold me, rub my tummy , fill a water bottle, get medicine, or provide sympathy when I need it. Out of all of Remy's amazing and wonderful qualities that is the one I love the most.

Remy's sense of humour, Oh boy! Remy's brand of humour is not for everyone and some people just need to get a chance to warm up, I do enjoy his sense of humour and that he loves to make people laugh.

Remy's empathy. Remy has been blessed to not get sick very often and yet he has so much empathy and compassion when someone is sick or doesn't feel well. (As well as other times I just see it so much when someone is sick)

Remy is so supportive. Remy supports me in anything I want to do or don't do.

Remy is so loving, affectionate, and attentive.

Remy is handsome. I think Remy is so handsome and he is just getting better as the years go by.

These are just to name a few, I am truly so blessed and happy. I know we have a long road ahead of joys and struggles. I am sure there will be times where we look at each other and just want to rip our hair out. I am sure we will cause each other some grey hair and some eye rolls but I can't wait to see where life take us.

2 comments:

  1. Firstly Remy that was wonderful speach It would have been such a pleasure to hear it personally.But I can certainly visualize you up on stage giving it. I am so happy that you have found something to believe in.you have a beautiful wife,friends and a community that all believe in you. You have become the outstanding young man I always knew you were. And on some level I think that maybe you are starting to see some of that young man coming out of the shadows. Secondly, i am so proud you are the man you are. What Chelsea has said in this blog put tears of joy in my eyes to know that you are so loving and giving. a loving husband a giving friend and a son that every mother would be proud to have. And I am so very proud.
    Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remy:
    Thanks Mom. I do what I Can.

    ReplyDelete