Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I can see clearly now...

As most of you know my husband is visually impaired. It has brought some very unique challenges to our marriage but it has also brought us closer together as a couple. There have been tears of frustration and definitely laughter. Sometimes I even have forgotten that Remy is visually impaired.

One of the things that I take care of is our grocery shopping, not too unusual. Well one Sunday while I was going to school I was taking a shower and sobbing. That week I was going to school (8 am-4pm Mon-Fri on top of homework, projects, and studying!) was going visiting teaching, had institute, had my calling to deal with, as well as other odds and ends that goes with being an adult. We also had no food in the house.

I was standing in the shower crying thinking about all of this. Remy came in and asked me what was wrong. I sobbed "We're going to ssssttttaaaarrrvvveeee!" Remy listened to me talk about the week I had ahead of me. He suggested we call and ask someone for a ride (would cut down 2 hours of travel time) but I didn't even have time to do the actual shopping.  I told him I'd be out in a few minutes but really I just sat down in the shower and cried.

A few minutes later Remy came in to tell me that he called our friend Andrea and they were going to take care of the shopping if I made the list. I felt instant relief and gratitude. What a blessing!

Although we face challenges that some couples never even think of I wouldn't change him for the world.

1 comment:

  1. You man will always take care of you Chelsea, never fear! And with God all things are possible, call me if you need anything :)

    ReplyDelete