Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Friday, June 24, 2011

We get the big jobs and we make the big money

Sorry I have been MIA. Things have been crazy at our house! I have had some major life events happen in the last week. I thought about making the post just a combination of all the things but each one deserves it's own. I GRADUATED!

The week leading up to my graduation I was getting on average about 5 hours of sleep a night. I was so tired and had so much left to do. The night before I was very seriously contemplating skipping it and using the time to sleep in. The more I thought about it the more I decided I would regret not going in the long run. I am so glad that I went.

Before the ceremony I didn't feel like this was a big accomplishment. It wasn't a degree and going to school after high school was just expected. To be honest I was a bit embarrassed that I am only an accounting assistant. My mom and dad both have their masters and it all the people I went to high school with have finished their degrees. There have been some challenges that have put some stumbling blocks in my way but I wasn't allowing for those, all I knew was that I didn't feel as "successful" as everyone else.

The speeches at the ceremony were brilliant. They spoke of the hard work, long hours, and time commitment that our program took. The courage that it took some of us to come back to school. They told us to be proud of our accomplishment and enjoy our day to celebrate.  After the ceremony I felt so much better. Yeah I did work hard, did very well, and finished the program.

I am certainly not finished with my education but I am going to take a moment and be happy with what I have done.

2 comments: