Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's been a hard day's night. And I've been working like a dog.

We made it. We made it through Remy's first official week at the bank.  Remy really enjoys his training, loves the company so far, and is enjoying the people he is working with. As a wife I couldn't be happier to hear this, and as the one working there Remy is pretty happy about it too.

It certainly has been an adjustment for our family though. Remy and I both have had different jobs throughout our marriage but for the last year Remy has been working from home so we've gotten to spend all our time together. Anytime I've needed help with something, some extra attention, or we needed to go somewhere he has been able to take a break and I have loved it, well 95% of the time I'm not a saint. :) Now Remy is gone 10 hours a day and we are learning a new rhythm. We certainly aren't complaining because we couldn't be more thankful for his job, it's just learning a new way of life. I make sure to have all the chores done, dinner on the table, and any phone calls or e-mails made so we can just have the evenings together and Remy can just relax.


I wanted to make Remy's first week of work special so I decided I would do something to surprise him everyday when he got home. It has been a blast coming up with different things to do and I love how surprised he is.

The first day was a plate of his favorite sugar cookies, I made them *Warning strong stomachs only* in hearts because I love him and stars because he's my super star (we both laughed super hard when I told him the reason for the stars) :

 The second day I made a "Welcome Home" banner for him that he saw as he walked up the stairs:


The third day I wasn't going to be home until 9 (YW) so I bought him his favorite snacks to have while I gone for the evening:


 The fourth day I brought the "Welcome Home" banner to the bus stop and waiting for him when he got off.

The fifth day didn't get a picture.

I was just going to have it be the first week but the Bishop told Remy "It won't last" so now I feel like I should keep it going plus it's fun. We'll see...

I am so thankful that Remy has this job and that he is able to work to provide for our family. He is such an amazing man and I am so grateful for all the things he does. 




2 comments:

  1. aww too cute.. the bishop is right . it wont last. well not the point that the first week has been. lol. although the wanting to spend time
    together in the evenings will.
    It really is an adjustment when you're so used to getting time together to not getting as much. glad to hear the first week was great for work. will it always be 10 hour days?
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say that I love how positive you guys keep your life. Chelsea: you are too cute, it's really a joy to read up on you guys (ok, that sounded creepy...) and I really miss you both. Remy: CONGRATS ON THE JOB!!! :D

    ReplyDelete