Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Monday, May 12, 2014

I know a name a glorious name...is it the name of Mother



To my sweet little love bug,

Today is Mother’s Day (May 11, 2014) and I can’t think of a better time to reflect on why I love being your mother. We have had a chance to get to know each other for eight months now. There have certainly been some growing pains as with any new relationship while we figure each other out, but the ever expanding love I feel for you has amazed me.
Every day you are learning so much about the world around you. I am in constant awe of how quickly and determinedly you learn. One day you will just be able to do something new that you couldn’t do yesterday. You are a constant and I do mean constant wiggle bum. Sometimes during Sacrament meeting your dad and I will look at each other and laugh because we can’t seem to get you still. Even nursing you are always on the move. Sometimes you will hold your little foot and bring it up to your ear if I have you in a position that makes moving hard. You will certainly keep us on our toes.
Your smile and laugh. Oh man I will do just about anything in front of anyone to get you to smile or laugh. It absolutely brightens my day. I have to say your sly little smile is one of my favorites, usually it’s right before you do something super funny or before you grab/go after something you aren’t supposed to. When I see it I know I need to keep an eye on you.
You are a jokester. We knew you would be. Your dad and I love to make people laugh and love to laugh and joke together so we hoped you would to. You do the funniest things and look so pleased with yourself when you’ve gotten me to laugh, which I always comply. We have so much fun playing together! You have starting giving me raspberries while you nurse and I burst out laughing every time!!
You are fierce. You came out that way. I really love that about you already. I can see you are going to be strong and a force to reckon with. My goal is to help you “use your powers for good”. I really think you can help accomplish great things in the world with all the passion you have. I want to help you find something you can put your heart into and use your strength. You are very sure of what you want and that will help you in this world you have to grow up in. You set very clear boundaries with the children you play with or people who get too close. You go girl!
You are so friendly. You love to smile at people and play games with them. Not everyone knows your game of hiding into me and then peeking back out to smile so sometimes when they don’t play with you, you don’t quite understand. The other day we were outside the bank waiting for dad to finish up work. You happily smiled and waved at all the people and cars going by. You did your ridiculously adorable scrunchie face too which made some drivers laugh. A big burly man even was reduced to a baby voice to talk to you when he walked by. You make people fall in love with you.
You are so sweet. You become so concerned when others are sad or crying. When other children or babies near you are crying you try to rub them or look to me with concern in your eyes if you can’t reach them. You are so gentle (most of the time) with your touches. My heart melts watching your sweetness.
You are smart. Holy cow are you smart. You watch, and figure things out. You learn things so quickly.  
You are also a little stinker when you are mad. Haha! I have to add this because you will want to read this when you are older so here are just a couple of them…When you don’t want to go in the car seat you will arch your back and flail so it’s practically impossible to put you in! I give you a snuggle and try again and you will do it as many time as I try to put you in. I had to take a shower when your dad wasn’t home and the shaving cream can was on the side of the tub. You were so mad I was taking a shower that you stood on the side of the tub shook the shower curtain and when you really had had it you pushed that shaving cream can right at me. Well I had to go to church today with one leg shaved and one not because of that!! Getting you dressed is actually like wrestling an alligator. You will roll and crawl and push my hands away and do everything in your power to keep me from putting clothes on you. And I am the luckier one, you put your poor dad through much worse. Sometimes when you are really mad at me you will pinch me under the chin. Good thing you are so cute!
I can’t believe how much I have learned about you and your little personality in just 8 months. I can’t wait to see how much more I grow to love you and learn about you. I love being your mom. I have so many hopes and dreams for you. I think about them so often, but I think the biggest hope I have for you is that you will always ALWAYS know how much you are loved by me, your dad, and your Heavenly Father.
I love you so much forever and ever my bubbaloo
Your loving Mom

4 comments:

  1. Love the "use your powers for good" comment! You're a great mom Chelsea- Eliza is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also- I see you published this at 2:25 am.... drink the wrong fruit smoothie again????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so saying so Shannon! That is really sweet. Hahaha! No just poor sleep choices, I was tired this time. I won't be making that mistake again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea, this is so sweet and dear! What a treasure for Eliza to have. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete