Remy's muses - Productivity at last!

Friday, May 25, 2012

I want to thank you

We're back (again). I've written about 100 different blog posts in my head in the last three months and then by the time I got to computer completely forgot them. does anyone else do that?

The last three months have been hard with recovering both mentally and physically. It took me a long time to feel back to myself in both respects but I am doing much better! I have tried to thank each of you individually but I also wanted to publicly thank everyone who came to our aid in our time of need. I can never express how much the cards, gifts, e-mails, meals, prayers, visits, talks, and kind words meant to Remy and I. Being away from our families is hard, we miss out on holidays, parties, visits, and help when we need it. It was such humbling feeling knowing there were so many of you who love us and were willing to step in. Remy and I are astounded and humbled by the people we are lucky enough to call our friends.

When the love came pouring in from so many amazing people, I felt so overwhelmed by it. I told my mom that I didn't feel like I deserved everything everyone was doing for us. She asked me what people need to do to deserve kindness from me. I quickly replied nothing! She then followed up with, but YOU have to earn it?

If I have to be away from my family you are exactly the people I want to surround myself with. I can never thank you (all of you) enough nor tell you how much it all meant to us. The whole experience has taught me so much and I feel like it really was something I needed to go through.

Some days I am totally fine and can talk about babies and pregnancy til the cows come home and some days seeing a mother with her baby can cause me to burst into tears. And I think that's fine, hard, but fine. I'm healing. I also don't mind talking about my pregnancy, it's something I went through and can relate to a lot of women while they are going through at least the first trimester. I hope it doesn't make too many of you uncomfortable when I bring it up. Some day I will even be able to commiserate about the whole 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment